1 1/2 Cups Stauffer’s Lemon Snaps, ground into crumbs using food processor
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp Ground Cardamom
2 large Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Fresh Tarragon Leaves
4 Medium Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Gruyere Cheese, Shredded
1 Cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
8 tsp Fresh Tarragon Leaves, Chopped
Toothpicks- as needed
Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
1- In large pie pan combine cookie crumbs with salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cardamom. Set aside.
2- In medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with milk. Set aside.
3. On medium low heat melt butter and stir in tarragon leaves. Cook on med-low heat about 10-15 minutes until milk solids begin to stick to bottom of pan and butter begins to brown. Watch carefully because it can quickly burn! Immediately remove from heat when butter is medium brown and has a nice rich ﬂavor. Pour into small glass dish and allow any black particles to settle onto bottom.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut “pockets” into one edge of each chicken breast. Stuff with 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, 1 Tablespoon parsley and 2 tsps of chopped tarragon. Close and secure with toothpicks as necessary to keep pocket ﬁrmly closed during frying. Refrigerate until ready to fry.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Fill frying pan with oil until approximately 1 1/2” deep. Heat oil to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Carefully roll each chicken breast in egg mixture, then transfer to seasoned cookie crumbs. Carefully cover in crumbs, pressing them in ﬁrmly.
*Optional- Double layer by placing back into egg and then again into crumbs
8. Using a spatula and a fork, carefully transfer chicken into hot oil. Fry for 1 1/2 minutes on ﬁrst side. Carefully turn over and fry for an additional 1 1/2 minutes, until a nice medium brown. Carefully transfer to paper towels.
9. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and ﬁnish baking in oven until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Let rest for a couple minutes.
10. Serve chicken with tarragon brown butter spooned over it. Enjoy!