16- 24 oz bag of Dried Bread Cubes (for Stufﬁng)
14 oz bag Stauffer’s ‘Apple Pie Snaps’ Cookies, 16 whole cookies set aside, then remaining cookies crumbled in bag.
16 oz Pork Sausage- Sage Flavor, cooked and crumbled 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Sweet Onion, diced
2 Cups Fuji Apple, peeled and diced
2 tsp. Dried Sage
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt 1 1/4 Cup Apple Juice Concentrate (frozen, thawed)
1 1/4 Cup Hot Water
1/2 Cup Salted Butter, Melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In large bowl place bread cubes, crumbled cookies and sausage.
3. In frying pan over medium heat, melt unsalted butter.
4. Add onion, apple, sage, pepper, thyme and cinnamon. Cook approximately 10 minutes or until somewhat softened.
5. Remove from heat and stir in salt.
6. Add onion/apple mixture to the bowl, along with bread cubes, cookie
crumbles and sausage. Mix thoroughly.
7. Stir apple juice concentrate and hot water together in pitcher. Pour over stufﬁng mixture in bowl. Stir just until moistened, adding more liquid as necessary and according to preference.
8. Butter a 10x13 oven safe dish. Spread stufﬁng evenly into dish.
9. Melt salted butter in microwaveable dish. Crumble the 16 remaining cookies and stir into butter. Sprinkle cookies and butter over top of stufﬁng.
10. Bake approximately 20-25 minutes, until heated through and buttered cookies on top begin to turn dark brown.